Performance Food Group
REMOTE OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE. Candidates must live near the Denver, Colorado, La Crosse, Wisconsin or Richmond, Virginia areas to be able to visit on-site location for meetings.
The Accountant will support the finance and accounting for PFG locations as assigned. Perform month-end close activities, analyze and verify financial information, and prepare internal financial reports. Provide information to the field regarding accounting practices and procedures. Reconcile and review certain general ledger accounts. Apply accounting knowledge to lead groups on projects. Provide guidance to Accounting Coordinators and Accountant I staff, and perform related work as required. Work internally with employees at all levels in the organization. External contacts may include vendors, and banks internal and external auditors as needed. Functions as a team member within the department and organization, as required, and perform any duty assigned to best serve the company.
Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to accounts.
Prepare and/or review detailed journal entries.
Prepare and record month-end accruals.
Prepare and publish internal month-end, quarter-end, and year-end reporting.
Perform moderately complex accounting reconciliations and balance sheet trend analysis, as assigned.
Prepare reports and make recommendations that aid management in determining the proper accounting of reserves, assets and expenditures. Provide recommendations for process improvements.
Ensure compliance with accounting and reporting deadlines. Maintain and/or lead established moderately complex accounting projects as assigned by management.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience in related field
- 1+ years of experience in general ledger accounting
- Thorough understanding and application of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Demonstrated oral/written communication, interpersonal, organizational, and customer service skills
- Demonstrated computer and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to analyze financial information
- General ledger accounting system experience
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects/tasks in a changing environment
- Self-motivated with ability to work under and meet strict deadlines individually as well as in a team environment
- Knowledge and understanding of internal control environment
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel and a working knowledge of Microsoft Access
- Ability to work flexible hours as required
- Public accounting experience is a plus
- AS400, IBM Cognos and exposure to inventory management systems or other major ERP solutions a plus
- Be aware of SOX requirements and maintain compliance with key controls related to accounting duties
- Participation in process improvement initiatives
Performance Food Group and/or its subsidiaries (individually or collectively, the “Company”) provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all applicants and employees, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations. Please click on the following links to review: (1) our EEO Policy; (2) the “EEO is the Law” poster and supplement; and (3) the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: